Last October, the 4th HSMA Virtus Awards, one of the grandest awarding event in the hospitality industry, happened at the Marriott Grand Ballroom in Pasay, Philippines. The Hotel Sales & Marketing Association provides sales & marketing professionals with tools, insights & expertise to help move brands and remain current in the evolving hotel & resorts industry.
Each year, a multi-category competition offers a platform to such professionals in the Philippine to share their stories of excellence and success. The Virtus Awards acknowledges strategies & innovation that bring about measurable results and ROI to their respective properties.
During the opening message of Christine Ibarreta, President of HSMA, she highlighted that this year, more hotel nominees are selected and these are people & programs that exemplifies talent, engagement and sustainable tourism.
She proudly mentioned that it is now a tradition to look forward in the industry for world class Filipino Hoteliers who are recognized because of their passion with their craft.
A Secret board of judges who are luminaries has been appointed to select the winners. Chair of Virtus Awards, Rose Libongco has highlighted that the hotel & resort industry is a major income generator of 32%.
The Finalists: Associate
- Kimberly Cassion – Hotel Luna AHMGI
- Dorothy Baylon – Conrad Manila
- Marielle Cabaltera – Luxent Hotel
- Patricia Pacio – Makati Diamond Residences
- Reyna Tiamzon – Quest Hotel and Conference
- Earvin Armenion – Quest Hotel Cebu
- Christine De Ramos – Seda Nuvali
- Kezia Gallardo – The Ascott Limited
- Eugene Medrano – The Ascott limited
- Borg Nocon – The Bayleaf Cavite
- Leah Haduca – The Bayleaf Intramuros
- Timothy Santos – The Bellevue Hotel & Resorts
- Mary Murillo – The Manor at Camp John Hay
- Gianne Santos-Besa – The Manor at Camp John Hay
- Mark Jefferson Cinense – The Forest Lodge
- Raiza Ferrer – Crimson Resort Spa
- Dinna Adalia – Midas Hotel
The Finalists: Managers
- Jonas Zamora – Hotel Luna
- Mark Marcos – Chateau Royale
- Christina Dumaraos – Conrad Manila
- Marie Faustine Arce – Hyatt City of Dreams
- Mae Mationg – Makati Diamond Residences
- Richelle Barbosa – Marriott Hotel Manila
- Kim Escaler – Novotel Manila Araneta
- Jewel Almendras – Crimson Resort & Spa
- Judy Sarmiento – Quest Hotel & Conference Center
- Maria Adeline Capinding – Discovery Primea
- Mariah Pagkalinawan – AG New World Manila Bay Hotel
- Carol Ablas – Bellevue Hote
The Finalists: Leaders
- Francis David – Director of Sales & Marketing, Hyatt City of Dreams
- Mia Mancio – Director of Sales, Le Soleil De Boracay
- Geralyn Longakit – Director of Sales & Marketing, Quest Hotel Cebu
- Erin Mae Songalia – Director of Sales, Seda Nuvali
The Finalists: Marketing Campaign
- China Blue by Jereme Leung: Conrad Manila’s Modern Take on Chinese Ding
- Vanguard of Filipino Heritage, Las Casas Filipinas de Acuzar
- Fashion & Fusion by Marco Polo Davao
- A Day in Savoy Boracay by Savoy Hotel Boracay
- Marry Me at Marriott by Marriott Hotel Manila
“This is what we are: forward looking, forging into new territories with courage, creative and united” – Margarita Munsayac, Chair HSMA, Bluewater Resorts
Disclaimer and Transparency Clause: Information event details, awardee names/positions are subject to change without prior notice. Our meals were sponsored but this review is based on a hundred percent “heyjaey” hands on / tasting experience and personal views. We may or may not be always on the same page but hey thanks for dropping by anyway! Feel free to drop in some comments/suggestions.