Travel lovers, how are you coping up with the current outbreak that is putting a halt to your travel plans? We’ve had enough of this COVID-19 causing terrible sickness and suffering around the globe, our hearts and prayers go out to those who are affected. (See the bottom of this article on how you can help.)
Meanwhile, here are some things that may replace our fixations and hopefully delight us a bit during this undesirable situation:
1. Go on road trips – Road trips can be very therapeutic in the sense that you get to see a lot of scenery and enjoy being laid-back appreciating a more relaxed type of travel. Go as far as Legazpi in South or Ilocos Norte for North. You can also simply enjoy the cold weather in Baguio.
2. Seize incredibly cheap domestic fares – Can’t help but notice the non-stop Airline Promotions? Don’t be afraid to book, just be conscious of the travel dates & restrictions. It will also be wise to check the current situation in the place you are planning to visit. Besides, you can also search for the latest hotel offers.
3. Search for more personal experiences – as our list goes, our support for local tourism also grows, even more this time by discovering family-owned bed & breakfasts / resorts. They offer more personal experiences because they pay extra attention to details and its really heart-warming how they extend their service beyond expectations. You can find a lot of these in Airbnb!
4. Eat your heart out – you can never go wrong with good food and you don’t have to go that far to discover new gems. Check out Rustic Mornings in Marikina that serves hearty breakfasts in a dreamy garden ambiance.
5. Plan your next big travel – the anticipation for your next big travel gives you more motivation to save & research. Bet on the crazy deals offered by large international carriers and once things have calmed down make that Switzerland (Yes, Crash Landing on You fans) dream come true!
That’s it folks! Hope you enjoyed this list and see you down the road!
Want to help out during COVID-19? Check this portal out.
Disclaimer and Transparency Clause: Information such as website, addresses, pricing are subject to change without prior notice. This guide is not sponsored based on a hundred percent “heyjaey” hands on experience and personal views. We may or may not be always on the same page but hey thanks for dropping by anyway! Feel free to drop in some comments/suggestions